Provide basic technical support skills which include the ability to:
Provide support to the local HP Site lead with respect to the execution of onsite contractual services including:
- Support the research, diagnose, and resolve end user computer and printer issues within a Vista and Win7 locked-down environment.
- Support other issues with end user computing environment including network, e-mail, Internet connections, and other hardware/peripherals like monitors, docking stations, keyboards, blackberries, and smart card readers.
- Support new end user requests including; client asset refreshes, new installs, PC moves, and retrieving and disposing of surplus equipment.
- Support refinery projects related to site turnarounds, operating system migrations, exchange server migrations and new software implementations.
The Refinery works 24/7, after hours support maybe required.
- Acting as a contact point for third-party IT service providers and provide for coordination and escorting for visitors to the refinery facility to perform surveys or the installation and maintenance of servers, switches, wireless hotspots, and routers.
- Housekeeping activities which address Health, Safety, and Security, Environment (HSSE) requirements for the local HP on site services and 3rd party work areas and include ensuring telecom room facilities perform up to agreed standards regarding cabling, installation/changes, tidiness and security.
- Fulfillment of service requests on behalf of the site network vendor for site telecoms services for telecom room facilities, port activations , radio, and cable management.
- Consult and advise activities to customer which include providing information and guidance on local and global IT Infrastructure policies, procedures, and so forth.
- Training services which include the on-boarding of new users and other requested training for infrastructure needs. Training could include the planning, arrangement, scheduling, and execution of one-on-one or multi-user training sessions, including preparing the training room and, if required, decommissioning the training room.
- Administration of the local site PC loaner program where HP would manage, operate, and deliver a pool of computers to be loaned to local refinery staff.
- Stockroom management which is focused on receiving IT equipment shipped to the site, managing on-site IT equipment, and managing and disposing of obsolete IT equipment.
Position may required moving equipment that is up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) equivalent with 2-4 years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 1-2 years relevant working experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies
Advanced knowledge of operating systems and software
Basic skills in project management
Strong communication skills, problem analysis, and presentation skills
Ability to develop Customer relationships
Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations
Ability to work in a team environment
Basic networking, O/S, and troubleshooting knowledge
Detailed understanding of general/technical aspects of the onsite system repair job
HP - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...