The Technician performs line maintenance work, installation work, repair station work, andground equipment maintenance work on the LiveTV In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)systems in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulations (FARs),airline customers’ maintenance manuals and internal operating procedures.
- Perform scheduledand unscheduled maintenance and systems modifications on all LiveTV Systems
- Ensure all airlinelog book discrepancies pertaining to all LiveTV Systems are cleared in a timelymanner
- Documentmaintenance performed on a daily basis utilizing established procedures andsubmit a daily report to the Supervisor of Maintenance
- Provide Customerswith support in the ability to carry out and uphold Company policies andprocedures
- Other duties asassigned by Teamleader
- Receives generalinstructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected,deadlines, and priority of assignments from Teamleader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurringassignments independently without specific instruction but receives additionalspecific instructions from Teamleader for new, difficult, or specialprojects/assignments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No supervisory responsibility
- High SchoolDiploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required
- Valid FederalAviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required
- Meet recentexperience requirements in accordance with 14 CFR 65.83
- Two (2) yearsaircraft maintenance technician school preferred
- Two (2) years ofline maintenance experience preferred
- FederalCommunication Commission (FCC) license preferred
- Must be willing totravel domestically and, if required, internationally
- Valid,unrestricted Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the UnitedStates or ability to obtain one
- Able to obtainlocal airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Must speak, readand write English fluently
- Must be wellgroomed and maintain a professional appearance
- Regular attendanceand punctuality is required
- Must have apositive attitude
- Must be anappropriate organizational fit for the LiveTV culture, that is, exhibit theLiveTV values of Compliance, Respect, Innovation, Responsibility, Teamwork
- Alert to movingvehicles and aircraft
- Able to drivetugs, trucks, lift trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor after attendingtraining
- Must possess andmaintain a valid Driver License and a record that meets our insurance standards
- Must pass 10 yearbackground check which includes fingerprinting, pre-employment drug test, andcriminal history records check (CHRC)
- Must be legallyauthorized to work in the country in which the position is located
- Proficient withMicrosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Strong inavionics, able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and followwritten procedures and instructions
- Ability toterminate electrical connectors utilizing proper crimp methods as well asproper soldering methods acceptable in the aviation industry
- Ability to adaptto changing conditions and directions
- Ability tosummarize and effectively present information to Supervisors and Customers
- Ability to work onproblems of moderate scope and analyze data/situations
- Ability to crawl,bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Ability to workunder pressure in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy andefficiency
- Will be requiredto demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in Avionics/Electronics
- Computer and otheroffice equipment
- Wire and radiofrequency (RF) cable terminations utilizing various crimping tools
- Operate lift,trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor after attending training
- Works outside onthe aircraft ramp side and/or the hangar where loud noises may be experienced
- Work shifts mayvary – flexibility required
- In most cases, workschedules are bid and worked by seniority, operational requirements permitting(days, swings, or midnight shift; weekends and holidays)
- Must be willing totravel domestically, and, if required, internationally
- Moderate tostrenuous physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 to 80 poundsoccasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently. (Medium to Heavy)
: The above statements are intended todescribe the general nature and level of work being performed by theTeammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required ofindividuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change asthe needs of the organization changes.
Thales/LiveTV offers anexcellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO,Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business TravelAccident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accountsand an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales/LiveTV is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer andwelcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartialconsideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legallyprotected status.
We conduct pre-employment drug testing. No unsolicited or mailed in resumeswill be accepted.
This position is not opento international mobility.
For over 40 years, Thales UK has played a major part in the Thales Group’s global vision to make people, property and information...