Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The Lumber Trader manages and oversees the procurement, sales, and delivery of lumber in support of the Treated Lumber business. This individual will work with little supervision focusing on inventory, cost, and logistics associated with accomplishing the lumber procurement strategy.
- Conduct business affairs both lawfully and with integrity. Proactively identify and manage risk so work is completed in a safe manner. Ensure excellence in environmental, safety, and all other compliance.
- Understand market dynamics to facilitate sourcing decisions. Use financial tools to develop competitive analysis and strategies.
- Utilize available tools to increase work efficiency and to understand historical market data and key analysis to drive yearly procurement planning.
- Develop and grow key vendor and industry relationships to ensure a supply of a quality product.
- Obtain buy-in from external agents.
- Complete deals with suppliers that add the long-term value to the company. Forecast volume and cost for suppliers and manage performance.
- Administer contracts, communicate and follow-through with paperwork
- Hedge risk for back to back contracts with different time commitments
- Optimize working capital
- Develop market analyses, reports, and forecasts to allow informed business decisions across the lumber division.
- Actively work with all team members (procurement, logistics, operations and customer service) to maximize sales volume, gross margin and customer satisfaction.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A minimum of one (1) year of work experience in business to business sales
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to learn various computer-based productivity/business applications
- Must be able and willing to work safely in different environments, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
- Able to work extended hours when necessary to support business initiatives.
- Lumber Purchasing experience
- Commodities Trading
- Finance background via experience or education
- Invoice and Purchase Order (PO) initiation and/or management
- Forecasting experience
- Supply Chain or Logistics optimization experience
KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS - ABILITIES
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and implement changes
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of procurement operations
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to interface with, influence, and gain credibility across all levels
Georgia-Pacific - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard