The purpose of this position is to ensure the daily operations of the nursing department are maintained to promote quality of care to clients through assessment, medication management and direct client care.
This position may require nights and/or weekend shifts.
- Delivers quality client care through assessment, monitoring and communicating observations and findings with physicians and other members of the treatment team.
- Coordinates admissions with the Admissions Department and obtains admission orders from the physician.
- Monitors client self administration of medication.
- Promotes restoration of health, client and family education and serves as a client advocate.
- Maintains and adheres to established infection control/ employee health program.
- Maintains compliance to all TRS policies and procedures, as well as, all state and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates with Corporate Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing, and Executive Director to keep all informed of current departmental activities, plans and developments through both oral and written reports.
- Functions as a “house supervisor” in absence of other supervisory staff.
- Provides detox assessments, history and physical reports.
- Develops detox treatment plans.
- Coordinates emergency medical care for medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Ensures that documentation on all clients meets company and regulatory standards.
- Leads CD education groups.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and required trainings
- Serves on various organizational teams/committees and consults with other departments as needed.
- Coordinates lab work with venipucture and medical appointments and referrals.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or other Nurse Licensure Compact State
- Desire to work with clients suffering from the disease of addiction
- Experience with a 12 step program preffered
The Right Step - 19 months ago