SUMMARY: Oversees the operations of the San Clemente office. Responsible for supervising the daily office activities in line with clinical practice standards and established policies and procedures. Direct, supervise and coordinate office staff to provide quality and effective patient care. Foster effective and courteous communication with physicians, staff, support departments, vendors and administration on all related matters to clinical operations. Responsible for assisting physicians and mid-level providers in a medical office setting. . Remains compliant with all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Supervise daily operations and coordinate office work activities and schedules ensuring that office performance reflects both company and regulatory agency standards for overall quality and responsiveness to patients.
2. Professionally represent the office and positively interact with internal and external customers.
3. Provide direct supervision of office staff, ensuring high quality patient care. Hold staff accountable to established policies and procedures consistently ensuring a patient centric culture. Serve as key problem solving resource for staff on operational issues.
4. Analyze staffing patterns and collaborate with Executive Director and Human Capital in the recruiting, selection, orientation, training, development and evaluation of office staff. Ensure staff competency in required job duties.
5. Ensure efficient and responsive patient workflow systems are in place within the office.
6. Ensure office space, supplies, equipment and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care. Oversee office and medical supply inventory; ensure timely processing and follow-up on all office correspondence.
7. Ensure compliance with departmental and organization policies and procedures, participate on internal committees as required.
8. Demonstrate proficiency of the practice management and electronic medical records systems. Ensure staff utilize systems following established best practices ensuring smooth and effective office operations.
9. Operate within the context of an established budget. Make recommendations for annual budget and maximize opportunities to meet and exceed budget guidelines.
1. Works with providers to ensure patient continuity of care. Assist providers with pre- and post-visit planning to ensure patients meet standardized quality metrics.
2. Provide patient counseling and education including but not limited to: chronic conditions, medication usage, need for and preparation of testing/procedures, and healthy living guidance.
3. Provide direct patient care as ordered by providers including but not limited to:
a. Testing: Vital signs, EKG, spirometry and MMSE.
b. Treatment: Ear lavage, suture removal, injections, oral medications, wound care, dressing applications or changes and inhalation treatments.
4. Collect blood and urine specimens as ordered and perform CLIA Waiver testing on-site.
5. Assesses patient's chief complaint telephonically and on-site, and appropriately triages urgency of medical care following established protocols.
6. Complete prescription refills per policy.
7. Accurately document all communications and assessments in the electronic medical record promptly and professionally.
8. Greets patients in a professional, prompt, helpful manner.
9. Maintains clean and orderly work area.
10. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
11. Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
12. Conduct self in accordance with Premier, Monarch and UHG policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Licensed LVN in the State of California
* Current BCLS CPR certification
* 2 years experience in an acute hospital or skilled nursing facility, plus 1 year in a physician office practice.
* Prior experience working with an electronic health records and practice management system.
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: 2 years prior experience supervising employees in the medical office setting. Experience providing employee performance and skill development feedback and guidance, including performance evaluations, mentoring, performance improvement plans including terminations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret office forms and insurance information related to patient benefits and eligibility. Ability to read, analyze, interpret and document medical records. Possess knowledge of approved medical abbreviations and correct spelling of the English language. , Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out and communicate instructions furnished in written and oral form. Must possess good customer service and telephone etiquette skills. Ability to work with non-cooperative patients, patients with psychosocial problems and needs, or chronic and acute health problems. Must possess good customer service and telephone etiquette skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Able to gather data, compile usable information and prepare reports that are understandable by members of the organization. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Use sound, independent judgment to manage confidential information. Clearly communicate information to professional practitioners and/or the general public. Strong supervisory skills. Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Outlook, Word, and Excel), and electronic health records software programs. Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must hold and maintain a current/valid California Driver's License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift or exert force up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Named as one of Orange County's Top places to Work for four consecu-
tive years! Monarch HealthCare is widely recognized as one of the coun-
try's most innovative and pioneering health care companies. Monarch
recently partnered with Optum Health, an industry leader in health
services, to better deliver on our promise of improving health care in the
communities we serve. governed and operated by physicians, Monarch
is the largest physician organization in Orange County with over 2,300
physicians caring for more than 190,000 patients.
Monarch HealthCare along with Optum Health has assembled a competi-
tive compensation package that recognizes the many contributions by our
dedicated employees and strives to keep our employees as satisfied, long
term business partners! Our competitive salary, robust employee health
plans, generous retirement package and "work-life balance" vacation sched-
ules are the cornerstone of our employee friendly health and welfare plans!
"Helping physician partners advance Medical excellence in the communities We serve."
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Skills / Requirements