Position Description: |
Provide clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and practices approved by WellMed Medical Group. Assesses patient needs using established triage protocol. Recommends follow-up as indicated by protocol. Schedules same day appointments as indicated. Documents all encounters in electronic and/or paper medical records. Evaluates follow-up on patient condition and/or reaction to drugs and treatments. Educates patients, family members and care givers on treatment and care plans. Maintains quality control standards (HIPPA/OSHA). Performs all other duties as assigned.
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes RN or LPN/LVN, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Positions this function include RN and LPN/LVN roles responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients. Employees are involved in direct patient care (in a clinic, in-home care, etc.)
- English/Spanish Bilingual is preferred. More than 1 year previous experience in medical setting is required.
- Phlebotomy skills preferred. MS Office proficiency to include, Word and Excel is preferred.
- Team lead experience preferable.
- Basic, structured, standard approach to work.
- Requires current unrestricted LPN licensure in applicable state.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Unrestricted LPN Licensure in the State of Texas
- 1+ years previous experience in a medical setting(physicians office, clinic, or hospital)
- Current CPR Certification
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Electronic Medical Records experience
- ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Phlebotomy skills
- Basic MS Office proficiency to include Word and Excel
- Team lead experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...