Major Responsibilities (essential job functions, scope of the job etc.):
This role provides leadership for the laboratory operations at the Luling Plant. The Laboratory Supervisor will provide leadership, including accountability for performance and results as well as the safety of the people and process. This position provides expertise and judgment for strategic decision-making and problem solving and will assess the skills and abilities of staff and wage employees while providing opportunities for personal development. The Laboratory Supervisor will play a pivotal role in people development, manpower utilization, organization optimization, cost management and efficiency improvement opportunities and will serve as a liaison between the laboratory and the production areas.
Scope / Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
· Build a high-performance organization that executes the QA assurance and control responsibilities of the Luling Plant’s Production Units in a cost-effective and collaborative manner.
·Manage organization to provide timely QA/QC analyses for Raw Materials, Intermediates, Finished Products and environmental samples, with a focus on delivering results with a high-degree of confidence and accuracy.
· Responsible for the continual improvement of the laboratory processes and key leverages.
·Develop methods to assess the skills and proficiency of laboratory employees and provide training programs to close gaps and continually build competence.
· Facilitate the performance management process by providing direct, constructive feedback for effective coaching and mentoring of all lab staff members.Develop systems to improve operations and efficiently utilize manpower.
·Ensure Freedom to Operate through ISO 9001 compliance, product labeling requirements and compliance as mandated by all HSE permits, regulations, and internal guidance.
·Actively participate in Area Safety Team Behavior-Based initiatives, safety inspections and sustainability efforts.
·Develop cost savings strategies and organizational design projects.
·Manage significant annual budget, equipment inventory and maintenance programs
· Provide support for any plant DOEs and experiments as well as customer service special requests
· Complete periodic leverage analysis and monthly cost closing/analysis
· Monitor production schedules and ensure staffing is adequate to service the plant.
· Lead plant wide initiatives as needed.
·Introduce new technological improvements to the Luling Plant Lab operations while managing capital spending
· Develop, forecast, manage, and oversee area execution of site capital, experimental, and expense projects.
·Unwavering commitment to Monsanto’s Pledge, business conduct and SQESH core values.
·Lead the resolution of technical issues and ensure that remedial actions are taken when needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications for the Position:
B.S. in Chemistry or Engineering.
Previous manufacturing laboratory and supervisory experience is required.
- This leadership position must be able to challenge business practices effectively and will require strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to building strong relationships with the laboratory team.
- Should have a sound business perspective when dealing with the business needs.
- Results and action oriented individual
- Should deliver on commitments while providing leadership and development opportunities for their staff.
- Must be able to provide timely and useful feedback within and outside the department.
- Must have strong personal computer and analytical skills
- Should have the ability to demonstrate the Monsanto Global Competencies.
- The ability to promote new ideas for improving team performance is strongly preferred.
- Capable of preparing and presenting technical operations reports on laboratory activity and effectiveness
- Demonstrated decision making skills and ability to create consensus and support for decisions
- Demonstrated leadership competencies including performance management, coaching and development to raise standards and personal accountability.
Desired skills/education/experience/attributes (ideal candidate):
- ISO 9001 and 17025 management system experience
- Ability to create an inclusive environment to promote creativity and contributions from all employees.
- Established networking relationships, especially within the technical community.
Other Information (Ex: travel, relocation benefits, hours, etc.)
• Work in a manufacturing plant environment including overtime as necessary to deliver results.
• Requires occasional travel.
Monsanto - 10 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...