This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 5:00 am – 1:30 pm, including weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some college courses preferred
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical laboratory experience including but not limited to specimen processing and handling required
- Performs and/or assists with pre-analytical specimen processing; receiving, centrifuging and alliquot preparation skills required
- Must demonstrate great communication and well developed critical thinking
- Minimum 2 years recent Acute Care Clinical Lab or Pathology Lab experience required
- Prior clerical experience in the medical field or as an administrative assistant preferred
- Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills required
The prime candidate for this job will work in a collaborative environment with Clinical Lab Scientists, Certified phlebotomy technicians and laboratory Assistants, providing technical and clerical support. SMH laboratory provides an exciting, fast-paced and satisfying work environment.
This is a full service laboratory in a large tertiary care hospital. Services include trauma, cardio surgery cardiac, kidney and pancreas transplant program, Women's and Children's, Behavioral Health, Cancer Center and Outpatient Surgery services. The clinical lab supports all service lines on the campus and provides clinical lab outreach services to the community, including all other Sharp Healthcare Hospitals and Clinics.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below/above shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work
Sharp Healthcare - 17 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...