About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The TSTC Culinary Institute in Abilene is looking for a skilled, full-time Lab Assistant. The selected candidate will perform assigned activities in the kitchen and classroom under the direction of the Chef Instructors. His/her duties will focus primarily on assisting students, helping to maintain sanitation and safety protocol, and enhancing the learning experience; duties will not include introducing new materials to students.
Essential Function :
- Assist the professional faculty member with teaching duties in the classroom and kitchen.
- Tutor students over materials already covered by the instructor, including conducting reviews for tests.
- Ability to communicate with students during various stages of the learning process and reach each student at his/her own learning level.
- Prepare the kitchen for class.
- Monitor instructional areas for safety conditions.
- Occasionally assist with Continuing Education classes in the evenings and community events.
- Pick up food/supply orders from local businesses when needed.
Minimum Qualifications :
Must have a high school diploma or GED and at least one year documented work experience in the culinary field or a higher education certificate or degree in culinary field.
Annual Salary :
Texas State Technical College - 18 months ago