The Gnotobiotics Core Facility at New York University School of Medicine is searching for a motivated research technician to join a dynamic and diverse group of individuals examining the fundamental role of the microbiota in mammalian biology. The individual will contribute to the expansion of our current facility and will have the opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of a larger program.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be related to the maintenance and expansion of germfree mouse colonies and include:
• Animal husbandry
• Preparation and sterilization of supplies
• Sterility assurance
• Assessment of health status
• Assisting related experiments
• Extensive experience independently managing transgenic mouse colonies in barrier facilities
• Strong motivation to participate in a dynamic and challenging research program
• Comfortable with moderate physical exertion required in the set-up and operation of core equipment
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience working with gnotobiotic mice and sterile isolators.
Extensive experience in mouse husbandry a must!
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and opportunities for advancement will be available. To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com .
Nature Jobs - 18 months ago