The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing with strict adherence to regulatory requirements. All of the duties and responsibilities will be performed according to laboratory guidelines and procedures
• Adhere to Health Diagnostic Lab’s procedures and protocols to ensure testing is accurate and run in an appropriate manner with strict adherence to our Quality Assurance standards
• Adhere to HDL’s Health and Safety guidelines for the protection of each individual working in the laboratory. Training is provided annually and review is provided as needed during staff and team meetings.
• Strong skills in good laboratory practices.
• Work as a team member, demonstrating good judgment, adapting to a changing environment, and asking for assistance and guidance as needed. Be self motivated and aware of the needs of colleagues. Cultivate trust in all relationships.
• Performs all analyses to produce reliable and precise data using automated and semi-automated analyzers and manual techniques. .
• Responsible for the performance, quality assessment and reporting of assigned analytical test procedures. Calibrates, maintains and operates instruments in assigned area. Documents procedures performed and follows the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever testing systems are not within the laboratory’s defined acceptable levels of performance.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and corrective action as necessary on assigned laboratory instrumentation.
• Prepares calibrators and performs assay calibrations according to established protocols.
• Prepares quality control material and performs quality control assessments according to protocols,
• Prepares reagents according to laboratory procedures and protocols
• Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes. Assays quality control for each test and documents results.
• Interprets, accepts, and releases patient test results and follows protocol for critical values.
• Performs or assists with troubleshooting and process improvements.
• Maintains sufficient levels of reagent and consumable supplies in assigned area.
• Adheres to the laboratory’s health and safety guidelines.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Ability to work and meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Completes all work during shift without sacrificing quality of care.
• Actively contributes to the team effort by volunteering to assist co-workers.
• Provides training to other laboratory personnel as needed.
• Communicates with coworkers, vendors and clients with tact and sensitivity.
• Maintains confidentiality of laboratory information.
• Writes legibly and with complete and accurate documentation.
• Writes and/or reviews laboratory documents such as procedures and departmental forms.
• Works on special projects as needed.
- MLT/MT or CLS is required
- Also desired is one year of laboratory training and experience in clinical laboratory testing.
- In -depth knowledge of complex laboratory techniques, laboratory safety and quality assurance to support ongoing and future projects.
- Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required.
Proficient with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) required.
Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. - 19 months ago