Postal/Zip Code: 17318
Anchor is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 2 Canadian provinces.
Responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to, maintenance, clean-up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, material handling and other.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and / or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Keeps work area clean
- Uses security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Clean-up machinery and maintain the surrounding area keeping them free of debris during down time
- Cleans machines and conveyors
- Cleans floors and picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
UTITLY / PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Assists lead operator in preparing for shift production
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation machine in which you assist
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among other
- Internal certification/training is required for these tasks
- Operate a variety of hand tools
YARD / WAREHOUSE
- Assists in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assists in completing shipping/receiving documents
- Packages and labels products properly
- Handle stockpiles
- Verify loads leaving the premises
- Maintain, verify, and count product inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Able to pass internal certification training
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must keep key lock with self at all times
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. from ground level
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Anchor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Anchor is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 18 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...