Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011. |
Dow AgroSciences has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic and entrepreneurial Laboratory Coordinator capable of working independently to support biotechnology research conducted in our Purdue Research Park facility in West Lafayette, IN.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
This position will be located in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
- Coordinating production and preparation of a wide variety of high quality plant tissue culture and microbiological media and solutions within a tightly specified quality range under significant time constraints
- Prioritization, tracking and distribution of media orders through the operation of a proprietary database
- Reporting of production metrics, operation and maintenance of laboratory supplies including equipment, and operating inventory management in a cost-conscious manner
- Coordinating diverse laboratory activities that include maintaining adequate laboratory inventories, developing and updating standard operating procedures, as well as coordinating waste management, including devitalization of this waste
- Adhering to Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) best practices by actively participating in laboratory EH&S trainings, programs and initiatives
- Supervising personnel
- Proactively communicating with customers, adapting to their needs in real-time, and solving recurring and non-routine problems to be an integral member of a fast-paced and innovative research team