Would you like to work in a community-centered, quality driven company culture that is focused on saving lives every day? How about working for a company that supports the majority of the Colorado blood supply? With over 70 years of rich history and almost 400 dedicated employees, we serve nearly 200 healthcare facilities in Colorado and beyond, collect 140,000 units of blood annually and offer a variety of services to better meet the needs of the community.
Partnering with our community to save and enhance lives through transfusion medicine excellence.
Your Work Environment:
We know that you can’t make a difference in the community without the best possible work environment and highly qualified team. That’s why you’ll be working in our 8,000 square foot laboratory complete with wide open spaces, cutting-edge equipment and ergonomically correct workstations. You’ll be an active contributor to our team-oriented culture and regular participant in activities focused on continually improving processes and ensuring compliance, which is critical for our success in the highly-regulated healthcare industry.
• $13.09 – $15.56 per hour, depending on experience
• Full Benefits Package
• Job Skills Training for 8-10 weeks immediately upon starting work
• Development and Advancement Opportunities
High school diploma or equivalent, required
Previous experience in a continuous processing environment or related healthcare industry preferred. Entry level customer care, inventory management and distribution knowledge desirable.
The “Nitty Gritty” Job Details:
Under immediate direction, you’ll perform whole blood primary production, secondary production, distribution of blood components, and functions covered under the Central Receipt Department of Manufacturing. You’ll perform visual inspections of all blood components and perform leukoreduction of red blood cell components. You’ll label and organize blood components in appropriate storage areas. You’ll box frozen plasma. You’ll provide customer service for hospitals and other blood centers. You’ll participate in all applicable competency and continuing education programs.
You’re required to consistently demonstrate integration of Bonfils quality policy by modeling behavior that supports achieving our mission and vision. You’ll support and incorporate Bonfils business needs, goals, and scorecard initiatives into all business decisions and actions. You’ll exhibit support of our values, ethics, quality objectives, customer care and confidentiality standards at all times.
You’ll routinely performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies, including but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity and Fair Labor Standards Act.
Your Job Responsibilities:
Maintains product production, inventory, and distribution.
• Performs Primary and Secondary Production.
• Centrifugation and creation of red blood cell and plasma components from whole blood donations.
• Performs visual inspections of all blood products to ensure quality.
• Performs leukoreduction of red blood cell components.
• Labels blood products.
• Places and organizes blood products in appropriate storage areas including walk-in refrigerator(s) and freezer(s).
• Box frozen plasma.
• Receives, fills, and distributes orders for blood products and related supplies.
• Arranges the transfer of platelet products, as necessary.
• Arrange transfer of blood products from one client to another client.
• Provides excellent customer service by handling requests with
professionalism and courteous communication.
• Interacts with couriers to assure the end customer’s needs are met.
• Inspects, monitors, and organizes inventory, communicating needs to
• Returns products into inventory / ships-in products, assuring all items received meet specifications.
• Performs month and year end inventory counts.
Performs duties in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
• Complies with technical policies and procedures.
• Complies with regulatory agencies.
• Follows administrative policies and procedures.
• Checks all work and reports for completeness, accuracy, and quality.
• Confers with manager or designee on any problems or discrepancies.
Provides support to the Central Receipt Department of Manufacturing and Equipment Management.
• Assists the Central Receipt Department of Manufacturing with the receipt of blood components, donor samples, and patient samples.
• Performs qualification of whole blood donations and returns of blood components as needed.
• Responds to Bonfils temperature monitoring system as needed.
Prepares and maintains operating procedures, equipment, and work area(s).
• Ensures cleaning, quality control, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Reports any discrepancies, malfunctions or problems to supervisor or designee.
• Files department documentation.
• Ensures supplies are stocked throughout the workday.
• Participates in the Annual Procedure Evaluation process.
Full time position reporting to corporate headquarters at 717 Yosemite Street, Denver, CO 80230, which is a smoke-free campus. Full benefit package in addition to $13.09 - $15.56 per hour, depending on experience. Shift differential paid for hours worked after 11 PM. Shift requires working Sunday through Thursday, 1 PM TO 9:30 PM.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in the SSA/DHS E-Verify program. To read employee rights and responsibilities under the family and medical leave act, go to
Bonfils Blood Center - 10 months ago