Perform routine laboratory duties to assist the technologist in daily testing procedures. This position is responsible for obtaining the samples for the laboratory. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent with at least one year experience using computers, basic office equipment, medical and/or laboratory terminology. Some post-secondary education (medical field) preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to process biological specimens and other substances.
- Performs designated testing as authorized; records and reports test results accurately and completely.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves problems and situations with minimal assistance.
- Seeks additional duties and responsibilities to contribute to service quality and productivity.
Role Specific Competencies
- Collects blood specimens, performs other routine lab procedures, and delivers samples to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Analyzes and resolves problems in specimen collection or seeks assistance.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements