Performs sample preparation and support work for mineral processing labs. Leads housekeeping, safetyand quality efforts. Interacts with Engineering staff to manage workflow and priorities. Reports to Lab Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Participates in daily sample preparation and related work flow.
- Performs mineral processing unit operations (screening, crushing, gravity concentration, etc.) as determined by project.
- Maintains lab housekeeping, safety and quality requirements.
- High school degree. Advanced degree a plus. Basic math and computer skills.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in lab work related to mining and mineral processing operations (geological, mineralogical, metallurgical, chemical labs) strongly preferred.
- Experience with laboratory equipment - comminution, splitting, screening, pulverizing.
- Provide an independent contribution in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Strong interest in training on and learning new laboratory methods.
- Willingness to work in an industrial environment.
- May require work on a swing shift as required.
- Laboratory experience with mineral processing equipment a plus.
FLSmidth Salt Lake City, Inc. - 17 months ago