Olin Chlor Alkali Products has an opening at the Niagara Falls, NY facility for a Laboratory Technician. The purpose of this position is to perform routine and non-routine chemical analyses, review current analytical procedures and assist in development and/or modification of new procedures.
Responsibilities include the utilization of the following specific equipment in the Niagara Falls lab, including the specific analyses conducted:
This position will provide vacation relief support and participation in a rotating shift; scheduling may vary due to covering other shifts.
- ICP (Perkin Elmer)
- IC (Dionex)
- Autotitrators (Metrohm)
- GC (Carle)
- Spectrophotometer (HACH)
Minimum Requirements Include:
The successful candidate must possess at least one of the following requirements:
A four-year degree in Chemistry/experimental science is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree* in Chemistry or Science related field and a minimum of 2 - 5 years lab work experience, OR
- An Associate's degree* in Chemistry or Science related field and a minimum of 5-10 years lab work experience.
Lab experience in a chemical industry is preferred
The candidate must have proven work experience in:
- Preparing samples for high purity analyses, as well as conducting these high purity analyses to obtain accurate results.
- Analyzing resulting data and making reporting decisions based on pre-established specification parameters.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance on laboratory equipment is preferred.
- Good verbal and written skills with computer experience (including Microsoft Office programs, Instrument software, and SAP experience a plus).
- Ability to work a flexible shift as business needs dictate; currently the laboratory is working two 12-hour shifts per day.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/D.
*D egree has to be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U. S. Dept of Education
Olin Chlor Alkali - 2 years ago