Job Title: Laborer
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Term of Employment:
Nature and Scope of Job:
Perform duties of repair, installation and maintenance of building structures providing a safe, comfortable, and attractive environment for the district faculties.
1. Give basic support to personnel of maintenance crew.
2. Ability to operate mowers and snow removal equipment.
3. Ability to work off ladders and scaffolding and to erect both.
4. Ability to act with general instructions and learn tasks of considerable variety and complexity.
5. Knowledge of general maintenance, proper use of safety equipment and the keeping clean or work areas.
6. Ability to maintain required driver's license.
1. Ability to communicate clearly with district employees and the public.
2. Available to work unscheduled hours.
3. Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Desire to learn and strive for self-improvement.
Ability to establish interpersonal relationship with individuals at all levels.
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification, Experience or Formal Training):
High School Diploma
Demonstrates a minimum aptitude for successfully performing tasks of the kinds listed under essential function and other functions.
All equipment related to maintenance responsibilities, such as: automobile, hand tools, power tools, mechanic tools, ladders and scaffolding as required to perform the various jobs as assigned.
Lower body strength to stand or walk throughout the day.
Upper body strength to lift 85 pounds and carry 100 feet.
Climb various ladders and scaffolding.
Moderate exposure to weather extremes form minus 40 degrees fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees fahrenheit.
Frequent exposure to various airborne particles, sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust.
k12jobspot.com - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard