The purpose of this position is to have available a person to perform the maintenance of Town wastewater collection systems, and drainage systems according to the project plans of the Supervisor. Projects of the division include: street cleaning, asphalt and concrete work, sewer repair and maintenance, easement and right of way clearing, along with snow removal with other Public Works divisions. Equipment used includes vactor truck, sewer jet cleaner, street sweeper, jackhammers, rollers, saws, back-hoes, dump trucks, etc.
Examples of Duties:
- Perform curb and inlet repairs
- Clean sewers using a sewer jet machine
- Sweep streets
- Raise manhole covers in the event they are buried or below ground level
- Perform sewer line repairs
- Trim trees and bushes along sewer easements and right of ways
- Assist with snow removal from Town streets
- Assist Public Works Department as necessary
- Clean shop and equipment as necessary
High school diploma or equivalent; possess a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) or be able to obtain within one year of employment;ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs; ability to climb ladders and maintain balance; ability to interact and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a variety of people; able to handle several projects at the same time.
Town of Fishers, IN - 5 months ago