The Cadmus Group is in search of a mid-level scientist and modeler to join our Environmental Research Team. The successful candidate will be able to plan and conduct assessments of the vulnerability of various federal projects and programs to climate change. This will involve compiling data, modeling land change under various future scenarios affected by global climate change, conducting statistical analyses, and preparing reports. The projects focus on hydrology, ecosystems, and other systems affected by climate change.
Duties include: collection, analysis, and integration of data; statistical analysis; land change modeling; decision support modeling; project management (including delegating and supervising the work of others); background research and literature review; preparation of graphical and tabular data summaries for inclusion in reports and presentations; developing computer software and tools; and preparation and writing of technical reports, as well as reports for non-technical audiences.
• The successful candidate will have a professional demeanor, be highly motivated, and possess excellent quantitative, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in the natural or environmental sciences, geography, decision-support science, or related fields are required.
• Candidates must have experience conceptualizing and leading complex modeling studies.
• Ph.D. in the natural or environmental sciences, geography, decision-support science, or related field.
• More than 1 year of experience in consulting or working for the federal government.
• Experience in using outputs of climate models in subsequent modeling efforts.
• Extensive GIS experience.
• Significant technical expertise in a wide variety of programming languages (e.g., Python, C, C++, C#, VBA, SQL), geospatial and database programs (ArcGIS, QuantumGIS, GrassGIS, GeoDA, PostGIS, Oracle), and statistical languages/programs (SPSS, STATA, R, Excel).
This position will be located in Waltham, MA or in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Cadmus, please call Sonia Brightman, Senior Recruiter, at 617-673-7204, or email: Sonia.Brightman@cadmusgroup.com.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 12 months ago