Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the United States. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 30 states.
We are currently seeking a Landfill Operations/Site Manager for our Landfill in White Plains, KY . (near Bowling Green, KY)
In this position you will be exposed to all landfill operations including equipment operation, labor, basic maintenance of equipment along with hiring, training, supervising, and also being involved in budgeting, working with accounting, and P&L.
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Scheduling employees and equipment to facilitate task completion.
- Assists in monitoring budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with Landfill customers and County officials to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Interacts with State and local agencies to insure efficient and effective compliance with rules and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the landfill, and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". EOE
- 4 years Leadership experience in the Waste Industry, Construction Management, Transportation, or related field, highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in landfill operations, heavy construction, and/or environmental field services.
- General surveying and blueprint reading experience/knowledge
- Must be willing to relocate
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 30+ days ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer, d...