This position enhances the experience of our customers and drives profitable sales by delivering proactive sales assistance and support to customers.
- Sales per hour (SPH) goals will be assigned for each working shift. Client building and consumer outreach will be necessary to maintain and exceed these goals
- Drives sales by utilizing approved consultative selling practices to identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions; this can include suggesting outfitting options and related items to generate multiple unit sales, providing fitting room assistance, and participating in customer outreach activities
- Provides highest degree of customer service; including courteously, conversationally greeting customers, adjusting individual customer attention based on store traffic, suggesting solutions based on customer interests and needs
- Maintains knowledge of Lands’ End and Sears website navigation and leverages this option for customer solutions when the product is not available in the store
- Processes customer transactions efficiently using the POS and online system, including sales, returns, exchanges, etc. in accordance to authorized procedures
- Maintains knowledge of Lands’ End products and services, along with current fashion trends to enhance level of customer service and generate sales
- Under the direction of the Lands’ End Lead and/or the Softlines ASM, merchandises the sales floor in accordance with Lands’ End brand standards; adjusts presentations based on sell-through and/or other factors while still maintaining a brand appropriate look
- Responsible for fitting room support and store recovery
- Performs markdown and other promotional activities as needed
- Responsible for stock replenishment, stockroom organization and adhering to visual brand standards.
- Excellent selling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on projects/tasks
- Previous experience in retail strongly preferred
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business
- Skilled in website navigation, interest and working knowledge of social networking sites
- Community outreach/networking connections a plus
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...