The Marketing Manager--Pricing will provide leadership and expertise in executing the LLF pricing strategy, as well establishing retail pricing across product lines for the Large Law core business. This person will also demonstrate the effective use of marketing and pricing strategies, and the execution of marketing plans for Large Law Firm customers. Finally, this person will be responsible for developing opportunities and implementing strategic programs that drive retention and new sales revenue in within the segment.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Work with the product owners & marketing leads to establish viable retail pricing models for new products.
- Work with the product owners & marketing leads to analyze, assess and revise established pricing models and price points on an ongoing basis.
- Provide input into and participate in the enhancement and development of retention and acquisition programs that align with LLF’s strategic pricing principles.
- Provide feedback on and contribute to the overall evolution of LLF’s strategic pricing strategies based on experiences working with customers.
- Lead and participate in shaping pricing strategy that will attain new customer growth while preserving and retaining existing customer base.
- Partner with finance, database marketing, market research, field sales and other segments to collaboratively explore issues, develop recommendations, and implement marketing solutions.
- Translate broad strategies into clear objectives and marketing initiatives.
- Utilize quantitative skills to interpret and assess financial and demographical data to provide recommendations and develop marketing programs.
- Manage development and execution of channel strategies and programs, support tools, and customer communication plans via the selected channels for the Segment.
- Communicate business plans and strategies to key executives.
- Presentation of marketing strategies to generate support and enthusiasm across internal departments, management, and field organization.
- Interpret and analyze financial and market trends to ensure effective channel strategies and programs for the Segment.
- Lead cross-segment business case development process.
- Analyze and develop procedures to measure and track success of channel strategies and programs.
- Manage workload and priorities of a supporting team.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Four-year college degree in business or marketing related field, MBA or JD preferred.
- 8-10 years business experience in strategic marketing or business development with progressive responsibilities and revenue accountability.
- Knowledge of LLF market, familiarity with Westlaw special offer contracts, and experience negotiating significant contracts with large law firm customers is preferred.
- Knowledge of segment marketing or legal industry a plus.
- Direct experience in the legal field or information industry a plus.
- Experience developing and executing strategic programs
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
- Highly developed leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Very strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven project management experience
- Proven ability to manage cross-organizational teams
- PowerPoint/Excel/Access experience, with knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate complex information to a broad audience of executives, professionals, and field representatives.
- Must be an action-oriented individual.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Marketing & Communications
L LLF Marketing
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Thomson Reuters - 10 months ago
Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data (ahead of...