About the position:
Arup is broadening our scope of activities in Chile, Colombia, Peru, Panama and Mexico, and we are seeking a Spanish speaking marketing specialist to help us in this endeavor.
Our Latin/South Americas Marketing Specialist will work collaboratively with our country leaders pursuing new work and collaborate with them in their Marketing/ Business Development activities. This particular position combines both traditional marketing coordination role with market research, event/conference planning and writing. Based in California, this candidate will interact regularly with Arup’s local leaders and regional marketing team.
Proposal + Bid Support - Work with technical teams to ensure material is on message and appropriately targeted:
• Collaborate in the preparation of information and materials for submittals, requests for information, and proposals.
• Manage the preparation of quals packages, tailored resumes, responses and presentations to selected RFQs and RFPs.
• Working in collaboration with our general marketing team, prepare proposal responses, including initial outlines, appropriate forms and other specialized documents to support buildings, consulting and infrastructure businesses.
• Review translated material for accuracy.
• Working with our technical staff, the ideal candidate will be able to foster and build client relationships through involvement in industry organizations, and will be comfortable representing the firm at external events, in both the US and Latin/South America.
• Take a leading role in the organization of conferences, client events/presentations both internally and externally.
• Manage Arup’s involvement with local industry conferences.
Marketing Material - Responsible for guiding the development of marketing materials including:
• Brochures and other Collateral
• Award Submittals
Market Research + Information Management
• Develop, maintain and update information in databases and information used in marketing materials.
• Research upcoming conferences, award submittal dates and other activities and maintain regional calendar of this information.
• Research and Implement other specific BD initiatives.
• Gather information for upcoming projects and tracking leads.
• Proactively develop promotional opportunities and collateral development
• Fluent in written/spoken English and Spanish, and comfortable with light translation when necessary.
• Must have excellent communication, strong writing and organizational skills.
• At least eight years’ experience in marketing/business development in the services industry. Architecture/Engineering experience preferred.
• Must have bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Marketing, planning engineering or related technical field.
• Must be experienced in the following computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator a plus.
• Must be comfortable coordinating events [i.e. workshops, conference attendance]
• Knowledge of local A/E/C industry very useful, with a focus on Chile, Columbia, Peru, Panama and Mexico.
• Must be confident, self-motivated, highly independent, and proactive, with proven ability to juggle/respond to multiple deadlines under pressure.
• Able to travel.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global. From 90 offices in 35 countries our 11,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants deliver innovative projects across the world with creativity and passion.
Founded in 1946 with an enduring set of values, our unique trust ownership fosters a distinctive culture and an intellectual independence that encourages collaborative working. This is reflected in everything we do, allowing us to develop meaningful ideas, help shape agendas and deliver results that frequently surpass the expectations of our clients.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...