The successful candidate is expected to work as a member of the Department of Government in the Law Enforcement Program and to teach in our undergraduate Professional Peace Officer Education program. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with other faculty, staff, and students from a range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Candidates should be prepared to:
- Teach half-time (two three-hour courses each term) as needed across our undergraduate, pre-professional curriculum.
- Demonstrate commitment to, interest in, and the promotion of diversity in the law enforcement program, the department, and on our campus.
- Other responsibilities include incorporating diversity and cultural competence into the curriculum, engaging in scholarly activities, continuing study toward completion of the doctoral degree, contributing to the growth and development of students, and building the potential to be involved in service to the university and community.
- Master’s degree in Law Enforcement, Police Studies, Criminology, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security or any discipline related to the field.
- Acceptance and enrollment in a doctoral program by August 12, 2013. Applicants must document their plan and timeline for degree completion in application materials.
- Law enforcement or criminal justice agency experience.
- Pursuing a doctorate in law enforcement or related field
- Experience as a licensed peace or law enforcement officer or other criminal justice agent or representative.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, scholarship, student development, and service.
- Experience in higher education or professional education, teaching and/or training.
- Skills in using educational technologies.
- Experience with diverse populations and commitment to development of cultural competence in law enforcement education.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
This position is available as part of a Minnesota State University, Mankato Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Program. We believe the educational environment in enhanced when diverse groups of people with a range of ideas come together. Our department is the home of four undergraduate programs (Law Enforcement, Political Science, Public Administration, and International Relations) and one master’s program in Public Administration. The Law Enforcement Program is the largest pre-professional four-year program in Minnesota and our undergraduate population approximates 450-500 undergraduates. We have six-full time faculty at present who are committed to excellence in teaching and preparing students to become license-eligible peace officers. We are seeking a faculty colleague who can enhance the diversity and experience of our program and department and can make a unique contribution to our curriculum through his/her experiences and interest in serving diverse populations. Additional information about our program can be found at: http://sbs.mnsu.edu/government/lawenforcement/.Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- Documentation of your plan and timeline for PhD degree completion.
Tamara Tucker Wilkins, Search Chair
Department of Government, Law Enforcement Program
Minnesota State University, Mankato
109 Morris Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TYY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 19 months ago