With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe … we call them our “Strength Within".
Lay Up Operators
(Start Rate: $16.69 Per Hour)
Hexcel is currently seeking Lay Up Operators for its Casa Grande, Arizona facility.
SUMMARY: Manually lay-up sheets of nomex paper, glass, and various other products on top of each other to build blocks. Repairs and reworks a wide variety of nonconforming materials that specifically contain uncured HP-852 adhesive in order to meet the customer specifications and dimensions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following:
- Set-up the lay up table and check equipment to assure that everything works properly.
- Lay up material by overlapping adhesive lines, heating each sheet, and maintaining an accurate sheet count until the specification for the block is met.
- Completes and maintains routings and production run sheets.
- (Note: The duties in this paragraph apply specifically to products/processes containing uncured HP-852 adhesive.) Uses a variety of tools and the rework oven to repair and rework nonconforming materials including splicing/adhesive cure, tacking open nodes, cleaning fuzz, cleaning plugged cells and excess resin blisters or other contaminates. Splices prime cure and dipped sections ranging from 4" thick to 12" thick. Maintains and cleans tools as required. Rework material for density, dimension and cell count.
- Ensures that products meet customer specifications and expectations.
- Works in a team environment to reach consensus decisions within the guidelines and boundaries established by the company, and maintains constructive relationships with co-workers.
- Utilizes JHA's, safe work practices, and other safety tools, including appropriate personal protective equipment, to perform job assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates at all times in compliance with the Hexcel Casa Grande Quality System and Quality Policy.
- Complies with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Minimum of six months experience required, preferably in manufacturing. Must be proficient in use of tape measure and ruler. Basic working knowledge of computer data entry function preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MDA physical required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...