At XIFIN we are continuing our track-record of strong growth, superior SaaS and WebServices products, and a great workplace!
You will "wear many hats" working on a wide breadth and depth of Unix technical issues and opportunities. As a fast growing company, we are looking for someone who can manage multiple projects large and small, and who has a desire to continually learn and adapt.
Some important daily areas for this role include:
- Touching all areas of Unix, including networking, storage, CPU, and memory in a web service environment
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills. For example, working with applications where any or all of the previous areas may have improvement opportunities.
- Proven ability to uncover one bottleneck or problem only to uncover another and keep troubleshooting until things are optimized - really the basis of “tuning”.
Desired Skills & Experience
To qualify you must possess:
- Significant expertise in Veritas Volume Manager and File System.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility supporting AIX, Solaris, or other major Unix flavor (Linux is fine if used in a substantial and complex operating environment).
- A professional understanding of managing internal customer service/people relationships within a high-functioning organization.
- BS degree in a technical discipline.
* We prefer candidates whose experience includes time with fast growing for profit organizations; as well as current industry certifications*
XIFIN offers excellent work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth. For immediate consideration please submit your cover letter and resume - be sure to include your mid and long range career goals! List the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail as well.