Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Reads the planning and implementation of vegetation maintenance and environmental programs for construction and maintenance operations. Acts as a liaison with contract issues and the PSC.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Administers contracts and provides advice and guidance to company and contractor personnel.
2. Interacts with state, local and federal regulatory agencies.
3. Provides guidance and technical expertise to company personnel during emergency restoration and environmental permit projects.
4. Interacts with customers frequently, resolving complaints and communicating activities. Works outdoors for the majority of the time.
5. Plans, Implements, and oversees the vegetation management program for the electric transmission and distribution system. Provides quality assurance requirements for vegetation management activities.
6. Implements and oversees approval of environmental management and construction plans.
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience Required:
- A Bachelors Degree in Forestry or a related environmental discipline or An Associates Degree in Forestry or a related environmental discipline and 3 years experience, or A High School Diploma/GED, and 6 years of Utility Forestry or a related environmental discipline.
- Required knowledge of taxonomy and pesticide use, plant community ecology, herbicides, tree pathology, horticulture, right-of-way procedures and regulations, engineering technology, electric operations and construction practices.
- Knowledge of Company safety manual and customer service standards.
Skills & Abilities:
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to become certified within 6 months.
- Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Results and proactive orientation.
- Project management, real estate, electrical engineering, budgeting and negotiation skills.
- 14 months ago - save job