Who we are looking for:
UCWEB is dedicated to provide the best mobile browsing experience, we are fighting for our vision of serving 1 billion users, we have built our leading position in China and other developing countries with 400 million users, however we are eager for talents to create outstanding product for the developed markets.
Our U.S. office is a passionate startup unit backup by a well-established company, envisioning a strategic innovation base for the company's long-term development. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate, intuitive talents who enjoy the challenge to compete with the great products from the best companies.
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you’ll be leading the development on one of our most strategic product, as a Lead Engineer/Android Architect to develop the best Android Phone/Tablet web browser. You'll responsible for the entire product development cycle throughout market analysis, user requirement study, design and own the entire implementation process from concept to release, you will develop a team to re-define competitive mobile browsing experience better than the ones from the best companies.
- Research technical and product trends and identify new product directions, features and technical integration opportunities
- Gather and distill requirements from user behaviors and experience studies; translate these into a minimal viable product and a cohesive sustainable vision
- Define vision and features for each product release, create wireframes, PRDs and other illustrations to convey feature ideas and gather feedback
- Review, edit and prioritize bugs and features
- Jointly working with UX designer and engineering team with Agile workflows
- Coordinate beta programs, recruit beta users, publish releases, gather and synthesize feedback
- Explore and discuss with the Silicon Valley innovations, drive integration with 3rd parties
What's in it for you:
- A sustainable startup environment for you to explore and create the fantastic products
- A challenging opportunity leading a team to create products used by hundreds of millions of users everyday
- An observation deck to understand the ever-growing Chinese dynamic mobile internet market (and the other rest of the world) and travels to experience it.
- A wide-open career path to build a strong team from startup status in the mobile internet industry.
- An opportunity to tap your potential to compete with the well-recognized products from the best companies.
What you need for this position:
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong vision for mobile Internet consumer products, proven experience in development of native mobile applications on either iPhone or Android. Please provide portfolio apps that are publicly available.
- Incredibly analytical and equally capable and motivated to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Excellent communication skills. Articulate, persuasive and be able to incorporate the perspectives of others
- Capable of constructing detailed wireframes that optimize user experience and conversion
- Comfortable reading technical API document from third parties to identify opportunities
- Combine the knowledge of Web technologies with mobile app design experience
- 3+ years experience in software development, proficient Android application development
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of engineers through the completion of all phases of a major project
- Strong technical background with intuitive design sense, Expert knowledge in Cocoa, Objective C, iPhone SDK, Java, Android SDK, HTML5/CSS, XML/JSON, Ajax, Web APIs, other web base technologies
- Good knowledge of different versions of Android and how to tackle OS version specific issues
- Experience in JSON/XML based application development
- Strong Android app building experience in native SDK or Java, HTML5 and CSS experience on Android
- Strong experience in design and development of Android and/or iOS applications, and applied knowledge of Java EE is preferred
- Examples of your apps available on the Android App Store (e.g. Google Play )
UCWEB is a leading provider of mobile Internet software technology and application services. Since 2004, UCWeb's mission has been to provide better mobile Internet experience to billions of uses around the world. UC Browser, our flagship product, is compatible with all mainstream operating systems such as Symbian, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Win CE, Java, MTK, and Blackberry, available on more than 3,000 different models of cell phones from over 200 cell phone manufacturers, with more than 10 languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian, Arabian, and Vietnamese etc.
UCWEB has witnessed 40x growth in the past 4 years, 80% of its 1,400+ employees involved in R&D. We has built a network of independent servers in Asia, North America, and Europe, serving over 400 million users (100 millions in Android) in 150+ countries and region all around the world.
Come and design the product for 400 millions users, join us today for this challenging and promising opportunity, tap your potential and create the best mobile browser for the world!
For more information about the company: www.ucweb.com
Download our UC Browser:
Apple AppStore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uc-browser-for-iphone/id374473033?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.UCMobile.intl&hl=en