GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Biller is responsible for the organization and management of the account receivables.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Performs all necessary functions relating to billing in eCW.
Reviews coding on any procedures performed in the office from the day before.
Ensures that the charge entry is complete and sent on a daily basis.
Performs all data entry for all patient payments.
Ensures that all corrected information on the patient registration form is corrected in the computer.
Completes all returned queues in eCW and makes corrections for resubmissions or sends to coders for corrections as necessary.
Checks accounts for proper debit and credit adjustments.
Maintain a list of outstanding documentation required for coding.
Follow up with each provider to obtain and complete billing on a daily basis.
Monitor and correct any rejections.
Identify problems with claims and opportunities for training.
Performs statistical analysis and other clerical duties as requested.
Assists in the end of month process.
Collects patient balances on adjudicated claims.
Prepares reports as requested.
Any other duties as assigned.
Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
- Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across departments.
- One to three years experience in insurance billing and maintenance of account receivables. Physician office, hospital or clinic experience preferred.