New product development directed at the Protective Coatings market: creative input to the design and promotion of differentiated new products that meet the needs of the Protective Coatings Market to drive business growth for Momentive; planning and execution of projects, from translation of customer needs through to assistance with the scale-up and commercialization of new products.
· Demonstrate the benefits of new product technologies in target applications and develop compelling data to support external product promotion
· Develop world-class evaluation and characterization capabilities in collaboration with industry and academic leaders and with global customers
· Establish formulation guidelines based on a deep understanding of the key chemical and physical interactions in Coatings formulations and deep knowledge of the end applications
· Close collaboration with global product and application development teams as well as with marketing and business functions
· Provide professional customer support related to the use of new products, including travel to customer sites as needed
· Develop solid understanding of relevant patent landscape and obtain effective patent coverage for proprietary technology and processes
· Ability to translate customer needs into clear technical targets aligned with strategic business objectives
· Effective planning and prioritization of projects to ensure on-time delivery of new product technologies that will drive business growth
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a global cross-functional team environment with strong customer focus
· Self-motivated individual with high level of creativity and technical curiosity
· Demonstrated track record of high academic achievement and
creative independent research
lear communication, documentation, and reporting of laboratory research programs
· At least 5-10 years of experience in the protective coatings industry in a product development role
· Expert applications and formulation knowledge covering a range of protective coatings
· Working knowledge of standard PC applications
· Proficient in basic statistics and Design of Experiment (DOE)
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
· Working knowledge of organic or synthetic polymer chemistry
· Grounding in colloid and adhesion science
· Experience in metal pretreatment coatings
PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science, or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent through job-related work experience and training)
- You must submit your application for employment through momentive.com to be considered.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance.
momentive - 23 months ago