Manage the overall completion of important and complex engineering tasks and projects. The automotive engineering project will require supervision, direction, scope and delivery of specific area programs and prototypes of precision driving performance of vehicles.
Location: Maricopa, Az
- Establish and maintain programs and working with drivers to evaluate prototypes and ensure that all information gained and properly documented.
- Continuously monitor the local test fleet for faults and defects and analyze these problems as required.
- Develop and maintain fast and efficient communication flow with the department.
- Support Test Fleet drivers on similar programs in cooperation.
- Assist the assigned FSE (Fleet Testing Engineer) with administering the Technical Center / Durability operations.
- Manage the technicians, interns and all other personnel assigned to the Technical Center.
- Continuously update prototypes to the latest level of software and hardware.
- Schedule, maintain and repair the prototypes as required to ensure maximum utilization.
- Effective testing, reporting, repairing and updating of all local test vehicles in a timely manner to ensure no delays for SOP as well as no tow-ins and no unknown field complaints.
- Assist with the day to day management of local Technical Center staff this includes, payroll, bonus and HR related items.
- Supporting all test groups with technical assistance, equipment rental, defining test routes, shipping of vehicles and parts, special fuels to make the test trip successful.
- Assist the Fleet Operations Manager with all Technical Center related budget information to ensure that the budget goal is reached.
- Assist the Denver Operations Manager will all contract personnel drivers required for all five of the testing locations.
- Assist the testing engineers at the various locations regarding their paid driver needs, hiring and scheduling as well as driver evaluations as needed.
- Assist with test plan needs and ensure that Protocol is followed.
Mechanical Engineering degree or 5 years’ experience in an Engineering vehicle testing environment.
TTi - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard