The JCCSF is now hiring lead counselors/ teacher for summer 2013.
The JCCSF is looking for an enthusiastic, intelligent and motivated individual who is comfortable in both a classroom and recreational setting to lead three weeks of our Summer's Edge Specialty Camp. Summer's Edge is a program that gives kids the opportunity to enjoy their summer as well as maintain their academic edge. The morning hours are devoted to reading, writing, and solving math problems while the afternoons are spent venturing out into San Francisco city parks for exercise and adventure. The Summer's Edge Lead Counselor, with assistance from the Camp and Family Programs Manager, will create grade-based academic curricula and lesson plans for the morning hours of camp.
- Collaborate with Camp and Family Programs Manager to create fun, interactive, and inspirational week of programming.
- Supervise, provide care for, and be the primary role model for a group of campers in grades K-5.
- Create a safe, supportive, stimulating and fun environment for campers.
- Provide continuous, direct supervision during structured and unstructured activities, including swimming and outdoor activities.
- Ensure campers' safety on field trips and excursions.
- Practice personal leadership skills.
- Set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors;
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Dates of employment: July 22 - August 9, 2013.
- Elementary teaching credentials.
- At least 3 years teaching multiple subjects.
- Experience creating and implementing academic and recreational programming for children.
- Experience working with children ages 5-12, preferably in both classroom and camp settings.
- Ability to respond sensitively to diverse groups of children.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Ability to juggle attention to one camper while supervising large groups.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise are required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
Hours: 8:15am- 1:15 p.m. Additional hours as needed.
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
- 2 years ago - save job