This position is responsible for the ETL development of new enterprise clinical reporting applications and providing routine production support and maintenance tasks to production clinical reporting applications. This position will also be responsible for insuring that ETL solutions strategically align with HCA business initiatives and enterprise standards.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to establish effective working relationships and manage multiple priorities.
This position also works with business analysts to review business requirements and to produce technical design specs that will meet the requirements.
- Lead ETL development projects involving multiple departments
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and developing clinical reporting applications
- Translate business requirement documentation into technical design specifications
- Perform ETL development assignments to established standards
- Create documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules
- Build strong relationships within the department, with other IT&S teams, and with business partners.
- Implement process improvements with reporting applications and the overall development process
- Respond to and resolve on call production issues
- Expected to multi-task effectively
- Able to establish and meet target dates
- Work with other teams to integrate with solutions where clinical data is required
- Requires three to seven years relevant work experience.
- Requires experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extensive experience in large scale ETL development projects using DataStage and QualityStage is required
- Extensive experience with relational database management systems; Teradata and SQL Server are ideal
- Significant SQL development experience; tool specific experience in the RDBMS’s listed above is ideal
- Experience interfacing data from multiple systems using both message-based and batch ETL methods
- Production support experience in large scale and complex ETL environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team on complex projects
- Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and applications quickly and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Prolonged sitting at computer screen
- Ability to participate in after-hours support
- Position is located in Nashville, Tennessee; generous relocation assistance provided
HCA Inc - 18 months ago