WE ARE SEEKING A SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER TO LEAD OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Manhattan Prep is a high-end test prep company serving college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), GRE, and SAT exams.
Our organization is entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and energetic. Our people genuinely enjoy what they do and take pride in it. If you seek a challenging, exciting, and creative programming role -- while working with talented and passionate people -- this might be the position for you.
- Outstanding Team Atmosphere
- Fun and flexible business environment with an emphasis on results while retaining work/life balance.
- Compensation (Salary, Bonuses, Benefits): Commensurate with experience
- Full Benefits: Annual Bonuses + PTO + Medical/Dental + Life Insurance + 401K with Company Matching + Commuter Benefits
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Serve as a lead in the architecture, design, and implementation of extensive educational web -based applications and products.
- Participate in the design and development of new features and products, including requirements gathering, estimating, coding, testing, developing test plans, and maintenance schedules.
- Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
- Lead team members and provide technical assistance to all team members while setting an example for junior developers.
- Take initiative in problem solving and demonstrate advanced problem awareness.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related.
- 7+ years of web programming/architect experience.
- 5+ years experience with HTML, CSS, AJAX, XML, jQuery and dynamic web programming (ColdFusion/ PHP/ASP/JSP/RUBY).
- 3 + years of lead /management experience
- 3+ years Object Oriented Analysis and Design required
- Strong SQL programming and database management experience.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting distributed enterprise web applications.
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction.
TO APPLY: Please submit thoughtful cover letter and a custom-crafted resume
Founded in 2000, Manhattan Prep is the fastest-growing test prep company in the country, preparing test takers for Business School, Law School, and PhD programs. As a recruiting partner of Teach for America, Manhattan Prep employs teachers who are renowned all over the world, undergoing a competitive hiring process that only accepts 2% of all applicants.
We serve an impressive roster of clients, including Google, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Bank of America, and Harvard University. Manhattan Prep currently conducts classes in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and 20 other major cities, as well as online courses. Our Curriculum is often regarded as the gold standard in test prep.
Manhattan GMAT - 18 months ago