This role leads the business intelligence team and is primarily focused on our data warehouse and our SAP Business Objects reporting environment (BI 4.x) at our new Shared Services facility in Lancaster, PA .
Responsible for the design, development, and testing of BI applications while working closely with customers and IT team members to implement initiatives. This professional will assess functional requirements, translate them to technical specs, design, test and document the solutions. The candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities
We envisage the role significantly contributing to the organizations future business intelligence strategy.
- Manage BI developer(s)
- Proactively maintain system, support, and process documentation. Work closely with project teams, operations, and business owners to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to business owners, stakeholders, and users on issue status and resolution.
- Design, develop, support and debug Business Objects universes and reports.
- Develop/Modify database views and create derived tables to use in BO universes.
- Identify and troubleshoot reported Business Objects software problems to facilitate solutions or workarounds.
- Participate in design, development, maintenance of ETL processes between Oracle E-Business Suite R12 and SQL Server data warehouse.
- Develop and maintain of PL/SQL code (tables, views, indexes, functions, procedures and packages).
- Create, coordinate, and implement test plans; verify and reconcile data for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure data quality and integrity during transformation processes.
Qualifications and Experience
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- 5+ years’ experience and excellent technical skills in database development and broad knowledge of database design methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e.: Computer science or similar)
- Report and universe design on Business Objects BI 4.x.
- Experience using Oracle 10g or 11g.
- Basic knowledge of SQL/PLSQL.
- Familiarity with other BI tools and industry practice
Parsons Brinckerhoff offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. Health and Welfare benefits include medical plans, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, dental and vision plans, disability insurance, and life and travel accident insurance. We also offer a 401(k) voluntary retirement savings plan with a company match. In addition, Parsons Brinckerhoff offers paid time off, company holidays, and an Employee Assistance Program. A wide array of voluntary benefits are offered including prepaid legal services, critical illness insurance, supplemental life insurance, auto and home insurance, and even pet insurance.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 17 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...