indows familiarity and Software development and support experience in a Healthcare Payer environment preferred.
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for resource allocation recommendations and act as technical team lead of staff in support all required project, BAU and EM sourcing requests.
- Primary resource for development estimates and recommendations for resource allocations and skill set requirements for new software development as well as maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical leadership in all areas of development and trouble shooting within core competencies and business domains for their Center of Excellence.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to development staff in all areas of technical competency including development environment, methodologies, software design, documentation, leadership and team building skills.
- Monitors and provides oversight on compliance and refinement of project methodologies, development lifecycles and change control, especially ensuring smooth transition of software deliverables from development to a supported production environment at an individual project/task level of granularity.
- Assist Center of Excellence Manager in the development and maintenance of the Application Development Roadmap.
- Provide guidance to staff and input to the generation and execution of annual performance objectives and development plans. Provide coaching and feedback to technical team members as necessary for professional growth.
- Work with Center of Excellence Manager in applying continuous improvement processes to maintain high level of competency with key development/support tools utilized within all appropriate Centers of Excellence.
- Work closely with Portfolio Management, Enterprise Architecture, Application Development Centers of Excellence and Transition Services teams to ensure timely delivery of business-centric solutions.
- Maintain appropriate staff skills competency across strategic business domains and key technologies within Center of Excellence.
- Have oversight and approval responsibility for all technical documentation produced by the COE staff. Engage in Design walk-through make recommendations where appropriate for changes/enhancements.
- Work closely with COE Management to suggest training and skills required for success of COE development staff.
- Advanced proficiency in IBM development frameworks, core development languages and messaging/integration tools (see addendum for specifics on technology competencies).
- Proven advanced proficiency in software development methodologies and lifecycle management, including Unified Process, Agile, Scrum and iterative development.
- Proven advanced proficiency in OO development concepts, relational database design, SOA, Web Service standards, MVC Frameworks and test driven development concepts.
- Excellent communication skills including presentation, written, facilitation, mentoring and persuasive, engaging interpersonal skills.
- Must have proven record of ability to perform at a high level within a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring consistent meeting of aggressive deadlines.
- Proven capability of successful technical management of small development teams with in the context of projects, BAU and emergency maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service focus and commitment required.
- Strategic planning, critical thinking, ability to solve complex problems and proven solution delivery track record required.
- Proficiency in project management, task management, organizational skills and prioritization/triage skills required.
3-5 years of proven software development lead experience
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...