Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Each solution is designed to ensure that information flows between processes and project team members to fully leverage interoperability and collaboration. These solutions provide users with the capabilities they need to increase cost efficiencies and maximize the return on their investments in innovation, empowering them to design, build, and operate better-performing infrastructure, which has been Bentley’s mission for the past 29 years. Bentley sustains the infrastructure professions by helping to leverage information technology, learning, best practices, and global collaboration – and by promoting careers devoted to this crucial work.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and, since 2001, has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
EOE Employer M/F/V/D
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify .
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a member of our team as a Lead Developer ASP.NET/C# based in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The Lead Developer is focused on providing user solutions in a fast-paced environment. This position will help define the system and functional requirements for InspectTech’s customized solution. This position will also be responsible for leading the development team as well as writing code and solving complex technical problems.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Supporting the definition of technical requirements for possible customizations using interviews, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Assessing available technologies and recommending solutions to developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Implementing solutions using a variety of tools, including ASP.NET, C#, SQL, and other graphical report generating tools.
- Implementing coding standards and development processes.
- Communicating development issues to management for both implementation and scheduling purposes, leading the design process and software development life cycle in a team environment, and taking ownership of previously existing software.
- Assisting with producing software development estimates.
- Mentoring other members of software development team.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal users to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver requirements documents as needed.
- Driving and challenging Bentley Consultants and Bentley users to define necessary requirements.
- Serving as the conduit between the user community (internal and external users) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Handling several concurrent tasks and meeting scheduled milestones for each.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated support requests.
- Interfacing with internal customers and InspectTech’s technical support team in a high-energy environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent.
- Five to seven years’ experience in software development.
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management with SCRUM.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Intermediate knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Intermediate knowledge of C#.
- Intermediate knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7).
- Intermediate knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised.
- MS in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- Experience working for Application Service Provider (ASP) or Software as a service (SaaS) company.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports or equivalent reporting tool.
- Familiarity with bridge inspection process.
Search Firm Disclosure
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Bentley Systems, Incorporated - 15 months ago