Durham School Services , a subsidiary of National Express Corporation (NEC) a well-known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Shop supervisor / Diesel Mechanic team lead (Maintenance Supervisor) at our Burnsville, MN . Service Center.
Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- 5 years of fleet Supervisor experience in a Diesel Shop with Heavy/Med duty fleets
- Minimum of five years Auto / Truck or Bus mechanical repair experience
- Experience with Compliance with the local applicable DOT compliance of Med / Heavy Trucks
- Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician
- Must be computer proficient
- Strong experience with computerized diagnostics
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Background in planning and scheduling maintenance repairs (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Oversee the parts inventory maintained and used in this maintenance facility
- Supervisor experience in purchasing, and budget management experience
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules
- Must pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and background check
Interested candidates should apply at the facility:
Durham School Services
3100 West Hwy 13
Burnsville, MN 55337
*Paid Time off Policies*Life Insurance
*Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance*Dependent Life Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability Options
*Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
*401 (k) with Company Match
*Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
*Flexible Spending Account options
At Durham School Services our Maintenance Supervisors are here to organize, lead and supervise the performance of a variety of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled technicians in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of NEC vehicles and to conduct more complex diagnostic and repair work with no supervision. To ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations, requirements, policies and safe working practices and procedures to facilitate the smooth operation and function of an effective repair and preventive maintenance program at an assigned location. To provide training, advice, guidance and leadership to lesser-qualified Technicians. To act for other Managers of Maintenance during absences.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements .
- Oversee (and personally comply with) the local implementation of NEC maintenance and safety standard operating procedures in this maintenance facility, ensuring that local maintenance staff follow them, and comply with all locally applicable public authority legislation, regulation and standards.
- Oversee the local use of NEC's EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) ERP application, and maintenance facility staff to record and to track local maintenance work orders and local parts inventory. (This includes using this application personally.)
- Oversee the parts inventory maintained and used in this maintenance facility.
- Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to implement preventive maintenance for the vehicles serviced by this maintenance facility.
- Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to complete “unscheduled repairs” to the vehicles services by this maintenance facility.
- Represent the maintenance activity at the local level in its interaction, communication and coordination of activities with other local operations functions: driver care, route operations, and customer care.
- Supervise the maintenance staff at this maintenance facility.
Key Skills In: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Related Military MOS 3529, MOS 3522, 91A, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M, Services tech.
Please feel free to visit our corporate website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com , our Durham School Services website at www.durhamschoolservices.com for additional information regarding our company.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...