Responsible for Maintaining Instructional Quality Standards of the University
Responsible for Service to Program Committees
- Facilitate resolution of escalated faculty issues and complaints
- Collaboratively develop and revise process related to faculty including but not limited to hiring, on boarding, evaluation, and development
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of faculty development programs including meetings, workshops, mentoring programs, and other activities
- Work with Instructors who are new to CTU doctoral programs to orient them to our teaching methods, processes and policies
- Assist the department chair in recruiting, hiring, orienting and training new instructors
- Assist the department chair in scheduling instructors ensuring appropriate student/instructor ratio and classroom utilization
- Oversees doctoral mentors and readers to ensure high quality student dissertations and research.
- Perform observation of faculty performance
- Develop individual faculty development plans
- Address individual faculty performance management issues
Responsible for Administrative Tasks
- Collaborate on curriculum changes that will better serve CTU students and faculty
- Participate in ongoing faculty meetings including but not limited to DM Strategy Committee, DCS Program Committee and Symposium Planning Committee
- Manage collaboration between classroom faculty and curriculum development
Responsible for Teaching Duties
- Participate in the planning and implementation of doctoral symposia.
- Participate in formation of doctoral policies and procedures including those governing student research.
- Serve on the IRB Committee and/or other committees as appointed.
- Teach four courses per year at the doctoral level.
- Serve on dissertation committees as mentor and/or reader.
Communication, Assessment of Student Learning, Pedagogical Mastery, Course Subject Matter Expertise, Utilization of Technology, Teaching Diverse Learners, Student Engagement Protocol Adherence, Promotion of Active Student Learning, Operating within Educational System, and Demonstration of Scholarship.
- Online instructors require knowledge of online delivery methods, principles and techniques.
- Full time faculty only.
- Teaches in-services.
- Mentor other faculty.
- Demonstrates CEC Standards as defined for faculty members:
- Possess appropriate terminal academic degree based on the academic subject area/field of instruction and applicable accreditation requirements.
- Possess appropriate industry experience/expertise based on profession and applicable accreditation requirements.
- Experience supervising doctoral student research experience preferred
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...