We are looking for an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer to join our team. Qualified candidates will have design engineering experience as well as experience managing or directing the work of engineers and designers for industrial, manufacturing, and facility projects. In addition, the Lead Electrical Engineer will coordinate with other disciplines and interface directly with the project manager, construction personnel, and the customer. This is a full time position located in our Seattle, WA office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare proposals, specifications, reports, and technical evaluations
- Establish, manage, and status design budgets and schedules
- Develop initial concepts and scope of work
- Perform engineering calculations
- Lead detailed design development and supervise designers
- Provide quality checks
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Provide engineering support during construction
Experience with key duties and responsibilities described above are a requirement. Additional required experience includes:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 10+ years experience in a design engineering role, consulting engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required, Oregon or Washington P.E. is preferred, or ability to obtain via reciprocity
- Experience with the design of medium and low voltage power distribution systems in industrial and manufacturing environments
- Short circuit analysis, load flow, protective device coordination and arc flash studies using industry standard power systems analysis software
- Experience with lighting, lighting control, and grounding systems using industry standard lighting design software
- Experience with motor controls and variable frequency drives (VFD)
- Understanding of energy conservation practices and experience with state energy codes and calculations
- Experience designing Emergency/Standby power generation systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Power monitoring, energy management, and power quality analysis
- Power system design in hazardous classified areas
- Field experience in checkout, start-up and commissioning of industrial electrical systems
- Engineering experience in the manufacturing, pulp and paper, or petrochemical industries is a plus
We look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Group is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential and according to EEO guidelines.
Harris Group Inc. - 12 months ago