GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Lead Security Architecture Engineer will be a member of the GE Intelligent Platforms Software Security team, and will be responsible for ensuring the security of GE Intelligent Platforms’ Proficy SCADA and industrial software products. In this role, you will develop technical standards and guidance for software and product security, provide secure development expertise to other team members, and ensure that Proficy products align with the platform-wide security strategy.
You will also design and build re-usable solutions to handle common security functions within Proficy products, such as authentication, authorization, and secure communications.
• Serve as a security expert during product development to ensure software security risks are adequately addressed by product
• Conduct security reviews at requirements, design, and testing tollgates to ensure that security requirements are met throughout the product development cycle
• Lead the definition and adoption of GE Intelligent Platforms product security requirements; measure and track product compliance with requirements
• Research and evaluate implementation options for application security capabilities, prepare analysis and recommendations
• Develop re-usable code for application security features and capabilities
• Evaluate and communicate security risks to Engineering and business leadership
• Produce clear secure configuration documentation and recommendations for customers
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience designing or developing application security architecture
• Minimum of 2 years of experience designing or developing secure web applications
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
• Experience with one or more enterprise security architecture standards and technologies such as WS-Security, WS-Trust, OAuth, SAML, XACML, and single sign-on
• Knowledge of programming in .NET technologies (C#, VB .NET, Managed C++)
• Knowledge of Microsoft platforms and web application technologies: IIS, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Windows
• Familiarity with industrial control systems, supervisory control and data acquisition software, embedded devices, and/or manufacturing technologies
• Software security testing experience
• Industry-recognized security certification such as CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC - GPEN, MCP, CEH, CISM certification
• Passion for technology demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Able to communicate appropriately to both technical and management audiences
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...