This position can be located in Rocklin or SF, CA.
- Assume ownership of the four Store Systems POS labs – two in San Francisco, two in Rocklin, and ownership of the Distributed Systems test environments servers. Regular travel to Rocklin lab will be required.
- Schedule lab and environment usage across all Store Systems POS and Distributed projects and regression cycles.
- Obtain, review, and finalize all hardware and software requirements for lab and environment usage cycles, including all software configuration and versioning requirements; implement all required hardware and software updates in the lab prior to usage cycle.
- Receive, respond to, and resolve all hardware and software issues with the lab and test environments within established SLAs during lab usage cycles.
- Regularly update the test environment and lab hardware and software based on corporate hardware and software standards and/or requirements; regularly review external hardware and software offerings, and recommend upgrades that would improve process, speed, or cost.
- Work with business, architecture, network, infrastructure, and management partners regarding the acquisition and installation of test or pilot hardware in the labs.
- Work with TekServe/POS Infrastructure to version and/or maintain lab equipment where appropriate.
- Work with PM, Development, BA, and QA partners to establish build scheduling, verification, and promotions in the test environments. Work with QA partners regarding the construction, maintenance, and regular execution of regression scripts in all test environments.
- Regularly participate in conferences/meet-ups/seminars, and interact with the external software community regarding technological innovations and product offerings/upgrades; regularly update skill set through educational offerings where feasible.
- Regularly participate in cross-functional meetings aimed at improving process and procedure across the Development Operations team and the department as a whole.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems XP/7/8/2003/2008/2012 installation, configuration and support. (Linux and Apple iOS is a plus.)
- Proficient in Desktop Server Storage
- Proficient in remote deployment, sysprep.exe, ghost, Hyper-V, and automated device drivers installation
- P roficient in SAP Afaria, Symantec Altiris, Ghost, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Microsoft SCCM
- Ability to work on project as a team member or alone as deemed necessary.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must keep management appraised of issues and problems and their resolution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - 20 months ago
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...