Job Title Lead Financial Analyst - Separate Accounts
Atlanta - GA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Responsible for coordinating, conducting, and documenting financial reporting activities.
Separate Accounts, U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting and Special Projects
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the annual preparation, review and external audit of financial statements for 29 Separate Accounts. Assist with technical accounting research and drafting of new financial statement disclosures. Implements process improvements to enhance the overall control environment and financial statement disclosures.
Participate in various special projects.
Schedule, train and supervise financial statement preparation.
Coordinate supporting information used to prepare financial statements and upload data into Hyperion.
Review supporting work papers.
Prepare financial statement disclosure and disclosure checklists.
Coordinate deliverables and dates with legal department and external auditors.
Coordinate accounting and disclosure requirements with various business units.
Review printer proof of financial statements.
Implement process improvements.
Benchmark financial reporting disclosures against competitors to develop reporting best practices.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Experience in the insurance or the financial service industry is a plus
- Solid problem solving skills and work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
At least 7+ years’ experience including public accounting, insurance / investment accounting within a public company or SEC reporting environment.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
A self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined and performance driven.
Advance computer skills including Access, Excel, and Word. Strong database and spreadsheet skills are desired.
Excellent business judgment and problem solving skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent collaborative teamwork and interpersonal skills.
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 5 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...