As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
• Collaborate with multiple levels of customers to gather requirements, storyboard, and develop creative contents to support instructor led presentations, print products and the development of web-based interactive training products.
• Project-lead/lead developer for the development of instructional materials using the following software development tools: Adobe Flash, ActionScript 3.0, HTML, XML and CSS.
• Designs and develops interactive learning products for instructional videos, dialogs, narrations, sound effects, music, interactive web pages page tracking, creative graphics, animations, survey data collection and course credit reporting.
• Successfully gather project requirements to define the scope of work, produce accurate project hours and schedule estimates needed to perform required projects.
• Develop print products using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign. Ability to provide quick turnaround for high quality products to include but not limited to the development of: web sites, videos, photography, awards, certificates, posters, posters, booklets, course materials, graphic designs and presentations.
• Identify training and documentation requirements.
• Produce training and documentation plan.
• Prepare all instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids).
• Prepare all student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
• Instruct personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.
• Provide multi-media services to include video and audio recording, television production, computer graphics integration and maintenance of an audiovisual library operation in support of customers.
• Included in the multi-media presentations are representations of actual events, dialogue, narration, sound effects, music and animation. Use a personal computer and a variety of software packages for graphics, animation, PC based editing, interactive video and related state-of-the-art technology applicable to a wide variety of projects.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
Requires 10-15 years experience.
HW and SW support
ActionScript 3.0 overview
ActionScript 3.0 is a powerful, object-oriented programming language that signifies an important step in the evolution of the capabilities of the Flash Player runtime. The motivation driving ActionScript 3.0 is to create a language ideally suited for rapidly building rich Internet applications, which have become an essential part of the web experience.
There are numerous products that generate content and applications targeted at the Flash Player runtime. Often these products incorporate support for ActionScript to add interactivity and behavior to their output. In the Adobe product family, professional designers and developers might use ActionScript within several tools and servers—such as Flash, Flex, and Flash Media Server—to create content and applications for Flash Player. The Flex product family, including the new Eclipse-based Flex Builder 2 IDE, will be the first product line to access the new capabilities of ActionScript 3.0.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 19 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...