Hot start-up in the online video streaming / sports arena founded by proven players in this space looking for Full-stack engineers to be one of the early members. Youll have your hands in everything from streaming video APIs, to server and network architecture, advertising and transaction tech, front-end design and all facets of product. Interesting in mobile app development? Perfect, well have that too.
If you love sports, and love programming, you wont find a cooler startup in the world. If you are ready to take your chance as the shot caller, now is the time. This candidate is someone whos looking to get in on the ground floor of a newly funded startup, join a team of sports and media industry veterans, and inject your own creativity while you hack.
Building well designed and implemented software. Stay current with new trends and be pragmatic about which tools and methods get used in production. Acting as a generalist, youll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas. As a developer, youre not limited to work in one specific area of the application stack (i.e. database, services, UI, etc.)
- Lead, build and maintain world class front end player technology across all digital platforms
- Think critically, work independently and contribute well written code
- Be member of a fast paced and highly motivated Agile development team
- Be able to gain a high-level 'eagle-eye' perspective of the whole development, QA, build, deploy and release process
- Identify impediments or bottlenecks and devise and implement improvements and changes
- Work with other departments to determine requirements for new products
- Prioritize your work between different projects
- Document your work and communicate issues as they arise
- Help troubleshoot production issues when they arise
- Drupal experience is Required
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You have a history of getting things done efficiently
- You work well using test driven and Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of CSS
- Experience building web applications
- Proficient with Unix and Unix like operating systems
- Superior *nix scripting skills: Bash Shell, Python, etc.
- Experience with IDEs like Eclipse
- Strong experience using several open source frameworks (PHP, Java, Python, Rails)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and schema design principles
- Experience using modern JS frameworks such as Ember.js, Angular.js, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems, such as Jenkins or CruiseControl
Talent Merchants - 30+ days ago