As a team member you will:
- Work closely with the whole team (business folks and fashionistas, backend developers and graphic design) to building kick-ass UI and UX that make our customers smile and want to give us more money.
- Draw upon your experience, wisdom and 007 level coding skills to help us build a world-class development shop and help shape all aspects of our technology from system architecture and design to preferred tools and frameworks.
- Come up with new, innovative (and legal) ways to spend our "Happy Fridays" booze budget.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You are hardworking, self-motivated, a lifelong learner, friendly and easy-going.
- You care a lot about quality.
- You care deeply about the user's experience.
- You are always willing to learn something new, teach others, and to share your ideas.
- You have great communication skills.
- You are a team player, and don't mind rolling your sleeves up to get the job done (even if the task is outside of your official job description)
Skills & Requirements
- You have 3+ years of work experience developing interactive web-based applications.
- You have a thorough knowledge of standards based HTML/HTML5, CSS, Sass (or Less)
- You have a thorough understanding of JQuery
- You have experience working with server side web frameworks preferably RubyOnRails (PHP, Django, TurboGears, etc. is OK too.)
- You know how to use Git and Github
- You not only believe in but you actually write tests – you even prefer TDD/BDD
TheRunthrough is a cutting-edge interactive digital media platform that is transforming the way the world's most influential fashion media discover, solicit products and engage with the most innovative designers and brands in the world.
Our unique combination of deep fashion industry expertise and innovative, customer-focused technology has made the TheRunthrough the go-to destination for top-tier editors, stylists, and tastemakers from outlets such as Vogue, Elle, InStyle, and WhoWhatWear who work under ultra tight deadlines.
Our growing (invite-only) client list includes over 100 of the most dynamic brands in the fashion industry including such powerhouses as Gucci, Michael Kors and Donna Karan, as well as dozens of carefully selected smaller cutting-edge brands.
TheRunthrough is founded by former fashion editors from W Magazine, and is the 2013 recipient of the Fashion Group International Business Innovator of the Year award.
joelonsoftware - 12 months ago