- Make outbound calls to customers for the purpose of generating leads and qualifying customers as to the need and ability to purchase GES services, with a Focus on exposition sales and services tailored exclusively to the trade show and event industry
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities within the Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients varied solutions the company offers to their business needs.
- Demonstrate passion for achievement in a competitive environment.
- Meet and support sales goals established with management
- Telemarketing, selling and servicing new and existing customers
- Qualify prospects for other departments of the company, including Logistics when applicable
- Assign leads to Account Executives as outlined by management
- Research and identify potential customers
- Weekly review show schedule assignment for accuracy and call schedule confirmations
- Complete call and contact schedule as assigned and on target
- Maintain department standards for performance
- Consistently maintain accurate documentation in appropriate business systems
- Maintain excellent customer service satisfaction for both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Telephone sales skills to effectively conduct business over the phone
- Excellent phone skills
- Must be able to learn product line and verbally describe to clients without the use of industry jargon
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills as well as active listening skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with telephone systems
- Competency in Word and Excel
- Positive, winning attitude
- Strong customer service orientation
- Professional attitude
- Strong organizational, problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Tradeshow and/or hospitality background a plus
- College degree preferred
- High School/GED required
- Previous phone sales are a must.
- Proficient in use of Sales Force is a plus!
- Previous experience in sales and lead generation
Global Experience Specialists - 17 months ago