Act within staff team as one of the Lead Instructors/Coaches for Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation's Girls Youth Lacrosse Program for girls, grades 1-4. Responsible to: Program Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor. This is a temporary, part-time position.
Program runs April - early June :
- Fridays, 3:45p-6:00p
- Numerous Saturdays and Sundays (shifts mainly in afternoons)
- Required Staff Training: Sunday, March 10, 1-6pm
- Create a safe environment that emphasizes fun, positive growth and sportsmanship.
- Model best practices in teaching the game of women's lacrosse.
- organize instruction and coaching time for efficiency and balanced attention to each participant.
- Assist in developing curriculum for progression of age appropriate skills instruction.
- Provide on-site leadership in cooperation with Program Coordinator.
- Contribute by developing and teaching staff training sessions.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide immediate first aid as necessary.
- Interact professionally with participants, staff, volunteers, parents, referees and public.
- Officiate scrimmages and games.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of women's lacrosse.
- Playing and/or coaching women's lacrosse experience.
- Experience supervising youth and staff in recreation/sports setting preferred.
- Previous youth sports instruction/coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and customer service skills.
- Current first aid/CPR certification.
- Ability to communicate professionally and efficiently.
- Minimum Age: 18
City of Lake Oswego, OR - 10 months ago