The Lead I Java Portal Developer will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing both applications and websites for internal business clients. Requires a high level of development expertise with Internet based programming and Portal architectures, in addition to knowledge of various IT disciplines. This person will work on an array of tasks including, application architecture, design, development, coding for enhancements and fixes, testing, maintenance, support, project management, product management, project estimation, requirements gathering, and strategic planning.
Strategy & Planning
• Research and evaluate new development standards and tools, working with other Technology leaders to make decisions.
• Plan and coordinate system upgrades that impact applications, including database, and application and web servers.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Lead development team in the Design, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition Phases in building custom web applications and websites.
• Work with support teams to resolve production issues and plan new development efforts.
• Work in a multi-team environment balancing the support of the technical team and representing all aspects of technical implementation to the business functions
• Construct and research new and/or complex development tasks.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Coordinate work with consulting companies involved in delivering solutions
• Mentor and coach team members, including professional apprentices.
• Work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Develop documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Oversee development of detailed technical code design documentation.
• Create and manage development work plan to track all project deliverables and communicate development status within the broader technology team.
• Coordinate various operational and administrative tasks as necessary.
• Work with a cross-functional team on special projects expanding outside of our normal scope of work.
• Develop prototypes or small application projects as required to meet business demands.
• Contribute to various process improvement initiatives as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Required Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT experience in software development and system integration area.
• Ability to work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Ability to develop documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• 5+ years of various Database Management Systems (DBMS) experience including 3+ years of Oracle and PL/SQL.
• 3+ years experience using source control or application lifecycle management systems
• 3+ years of production experience in the design and development of information systems on portal-based projects using portal technology, including: JSR 168/286, Application Architecture experience, Web Services, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
• 2+ years of experience creating automated build scripts.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
• Oracle Webcenter Suite and/or Weblogic Portal experience.
• Oracle (UCM) Universal Content Management experience.
• Knowledge of Oracle development technologies (ADF, BPM, IPM).
• Experience using GIT.
• Experience creating automated build scripts using Ant and Jenkins.
• Experience using Junit.
• Proven leadership, strong decision-making, and team management skills.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into application development issues, standards, and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sherwin- Williams - 30+ days ago
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...